Modify all theme colors and fonts in record time!
The real power in the new engine comes from the dynamic approach we took with everything from a simple individual color option to complete reusable sets of components and multi-purpose modules.
- Variables. New design system allows for color and font options to be created in a centralised place and then used throughout the entire admin as reusable variables. When you change a variable value the engine will instantly update that value everywhere it's being used.
- Styles. Taking this concept further we've developed a reusable "Styles" system that incorporates the same mechanism. Anything from typography to buttons, entire product card designs, page layout options, etc. are all reusable styles. For example you can create an entire "Product Grid" style for your category page but a completely different one for a carousel products module on the home page. Styles work like modules, unlimited instances can be created and used in different modules/pages.
- Breakpoint Designer. This feature cannot be described in words. It must be experienced in a real use case to realize how powerful and useful it is. Mobile design is taken to new levels. Every CSS-based compatible option has a button next to it which allows you to set the same option differently on a different breakpoint.
- Typography tools that rival high end blogging platforms. The most comprehensive set of options packaged in a reusable Typography Style. Create one global style to cover the entire site or create as many different styles as you need and apply them on specific elements.
The Journal Layout Builder is an advanced page builder interface allowing you to create different combinations of rows and columns, with support for any layout module. Truly unlimited creativity can be unleashed on any page.
- Advanced options for each individual page. Override page styles per layout. Disable header, footer, apply custom typography and more.
- Activate positions as needed and create the desired layout combinations
- Individual styling options for each row, column and module.
- There are 5 different base header modules covering every major design trend from large mega headers with multiple menus and custom info blocks to very clean and minimal simple headers.
- Each header structure is a module with its own set of options so it can be customized in various distinct ways. This means you can create virtually unlimited header styles and apply them to your store with 1 click.
- New main menu system with options for multi-level menus, advanced mega menu (using the page builder for layout) allowing you to create any imaginable structure in the mega menu dropdown.
- Flyout menu module can now be used in a header main menu item in line with popular ecommerce header designs.
The footer in Journal 3 uses the page builder. Enough said :)
Total and complete freedom to build any footer design you want. Create the desired grid with rows and columns and add any layout modules in the columns, similar to the page content.
The footer is also a module so you can create 100 different footers if you want. Activate each footer with a single click.
Improved modules all around.
- New Slider module. More layout options and improved captions/layers. Fullscreen sliders that cover the entire page visible area (with page content below) Auto height fullwidth sliders - option to not crop the image in fullwidth setting.
- New Form module. Create custom contact forms and add them to any page in any position - or open them in the popup module.
- New Products module. Probably the most advanced product showcase module ever built. Combines the Carousel and Custom Sections from Journal 2 into a much more powerful module. Can display products in Grid, Tabs, Accordion (each with optional carousel mode). In addition to the normal product selection found in Journal 2 (Latest, Special, Bestseller, Category, Brand, Related, etc), in Journal 3 there is a new "Product Sets" option where you can indicate a particular set of products to load that match certain criteria such as: options, attributes, category, brand, price range, etc. Possibility to use as Up-sell/Cross-sell module on various pages.
- New Catalog module. This is the equivalent of the category boxes displayed in Journal 2 in the mega menu dropdown. It's now been made a module and can be added to any page in any position.
- New Scheduling feature available for any module or menu item. Create instances and have them activated on particular dates or in between date ranges, automatically.
- New Status mechanism for modules. In addition to the normal on/off state and device specific status, we've added login status (display modules based on whether the user is logged in or not), customer groups and admin status. The admin feature is useful for testing out modules where only the admin (while logged in the backend) sees them.
- New Newsletter module with automatic messages. Can now prepare and send auto reply to customer upon subscription. Admin also gets email after every subscription.
- Improved Quick Checkout - more payments and shippings should work out of the box (however not all are guaranteed to work automatically).
- Improved Filter module. Recoded from scratch, more performant, includes attributes separators.
- Improved Blog with cutting-edge typography tools and special admin permission access.
Many other modules and features...
Completely redesigned product page. In addition to greater control on the default product page content, we've added:
- Vertical additional images.
- Improved Product Tabs/Blocks module. Uses the page builder so you can add any layout modules at the product page in the available blocks positions. Really no limit to what you can create, populate the page with any module (contact forms, sliders, galleries, etc), in various layout configurations.
- Many other options and features...
Completely redesigned product grid and list views.
- Quantity Selector at the product grid or list view.
- Required Options Popup. No more redirects to the product page. If a product has required options and you click the Add to Cart button from the category page or any Products module, this feature will open a popup window allowing you to select options, then add the product to cart. It works like the Quickview popup, only it's a smaller version with only the product options and the Add to Cart button.
- Product Stats at the product grid or list view. Display 2 stats at a time, such as brand and product code, or any other available product stat.
- Custom Product Labels. Create your own labels and add them to any products.
- Custom Extra Button. Replaces the old Enquiry button from Journal 2 with a custom button at the product grid/list and product page. Can be used with any link (including opening Popups with forms) or as a "Buy Now" button. This automatically adds the product to the cart and proceeds to the checkout. The new custom button can be displayed alongside the Add to Cart button so it's not automatically replacing it anymore, as was the case in Journal 2.
This has only been a brief overview. Got any questions about any feature or functionality? Ask away on our Themeforest comments page.